Friday, December 20, 2013

Grateful to the woman who chose life for my son




Tonight, I am thinking about how I will have the honour of raising a son-someone who was born to another woman. I am overwhelmed with gratitude and thanksgiving that I will have this privilege.
It is because of someone else's loss and decision that I can do this.

I am thankful for the woman who chose life for our son.
I am thankful that she was strong and carried him for nine months.
I am thankful that she brought him to a place where he would be cared for.

I pray that God will heal her heart and that she will have a peace in her heart knowing that her son is loved.

I do not know why she chose not to raise him as her own and I will likely never know. I do not have any negative feelings towards her and understand that in other countries they do not have the support systems we have in Canada. I will tell my son about the mommy who carried him for nine months. The woman who was so strong to make the choice that she felt was best.

I am thankful that I will have the immense honour of being a Mom to her son. Thank you for loving my son so much that you chose life for him. I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment