Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wyatt

First, I have to start this by saying that I never would have picked Wyatt from a stack of profiles but I am so glad God picked me to be his Mom. I started to fall in love with him when I first saw his pictures in January but the moment I got my first hug from him I knew it we were meant to be a family. He is wonderfully created and made. He has a contagious laugh and makes a lot of different faces.

My plan was to blog each day but that went out the door with the stomach bug I got. I got to hug a foreign toilet and will remember to bring more gluten free food next time. The week was more emotionally draining than I had imagined but so filled with joy.

Facts about Wyatt:
  • He is very light and around 40 inches tall around a size 2/3 toddlers size in clothing and size 9 toddlers in shoes
  • He is on no medications
  • He eats a smooth puree. They gave him a cookie and he didn't get the concept of chewing. 
  • He tripped and bit his lip and cried and looked for comfort from a lady that was an employee. That is a huge!
  • Once a year they get new clothes and they received them while we were there. The staff were very excited and were showing me a couple of the things for Wyatt.
  • We were told he would not play with toys, but we did get him too start.
  • We were able to feed him 2 meals a day most of the week. They give a thick soup, entrĂ©e and dessert.
  • We got to go to the city centre to get Wyatt's picture taken for his immigration forms. We also went for a walk and to the park. Wyatt loves the swing! I guess we will have to put one up in our yard.
  • He loves to be tickled.
  • He loves to laugh.
  • He will need dental work done and to have his thyroid tested. Other than that he seems very healthy.
  • We got to spend time with some of the other children in the home and one girl in particular is very sweet. I hope she finds a family to love her.
  • He loves to walk up and down the stairs.
  • He loves to make his presence know- he will make sure those around him notice him if he wants attention.

Wyatt is amazing and I am so thankful he will be my son. My loved, my long for son who I have dreamed about and prayed for.




     


    No comments:

    Post a Comment