Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Letter to my Son

Dear Wyatt,
In 4 sleeps I will be on my way to the centre to pick you up. You have no idea what the days ahead will hold and how much you are loved already by so many in Canada. You are now a son, nephew and grandson. You are a Keno now and we will forever be your family. You are loved, chosen, wanted and cherished. You are no longer an orphan and Lord willing you will never know another day without a Mom or family. You are my son. The son that i have prayed for and wished for for so many years.

My prayer for you is that you will love and be loved. That you will feel safe and grow strong. That you will come to know personally that Jesus loves you. That we as your family will have wisdom to know how to support you in every area of your life. Lastly, that through the coming weeks and months that you would know a peace that passes all understanding.


I promise to:

  • love you
  • tell you about Jesus 
  • make you laugh
  • teach you 
  • provide for you
  • show you the world
  • advocate for you 
  • make sure you have the best services and care
  • be your voice until you find yours 


Next week I get to introduce you to your Papa, Nana, Aunties, Uncles and cousins. You are part of an amazing, fun, never-boring, unique family who have already love you. I am bursting with pride and excitement and i cannot wait to introduce you to them in person. I hope that as you grow you will have a special relationship with each of them.

Uncle Brent will show you that smiling and being joyful is a great way to spend your days.

Uncle Aiden is excited to teach you English and he will educate you on all his favourite Disney characters. He is very excited to bring you to DisneyLand.

Uncle David will show you how much fun it is to get be a monkey. He will show you how much fun it is to jump on the trampoline and to go swimming at the local beaches. He will teach you that its not hard to run faster than your Mom.

You will come to know that there is a village of people who have made your adoption possible. They have sacrificed and given generously. They have prayed for you and the process and are very excited to meet you.

Always remember that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. You were created to be you. You have a purpose on this earth and God has a special journey just for you.

I can't wait to watch you grow and learn my soon. I love you to the moon and back. I'll see you January 31st.

Love Always,
Your New Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment