2013 in review
- Over 13 funerals at work
- A year of country concerts (Paul Brandt, Dean Brody, Terri Clark and Kenny Chesney)
- Cloverdale Rodeo for May Long
- Trip to Sask to see friends and church family
- Seattle trip with Andrea and Steph
- My niece Braelyn was born in May
- My sister and brother in-law had their wedding in August
- I committed to start the adoption process at the end of August
- Home study visits and it is ready to be signed
- picked that I was going to adopt from Bulgaria
- Andrea and I moved into our rental house
- Started doing respite in April for David
A year ago I wrote:
"Looking forward to 2013. My hopes are that I will throw away the fear and worry in my life and that I will go forward with confidence knowing that God will open and close doors. I am looking at starting the process of adopting or fostering later in the year as well as continuing to help with the special needs bible study at the church. I know that God is leading me down the road of caring for the orphans and I feel that obedience will be taking steps and allowing God to control the timing.
I am excited to see what 2013 will bring!"
I have started the adoption process and it has been a faith stretching time for me. God has provided each need and continues to show me his provision. I am overwhelmed and humbled by the gifts of people and know that without the support I would not be able to be on this journey.
2014 is going to be a huge year for me as I become a Mom and will be hopefully bringing my son home at the end of this year. I will be going to Bulgaria twice and have the opportunity to go and visit Aiden's orphanage and two missionaries that we contact with. I am looking forward to this year and cannot wait to introduce you all to my son.