$3000 Registration with my BC agency
$200 Travelling expenses for Social Worker
$5500 Program registration fees with my BC agency
$11-14,000 Program fees for Bulgarian agency
$ 7000 Flights (this will depend on the time of year, etc)
TBD Food and Lodging
TBD Medicals, visa, passport and other appointments
How am I going to be able to afford $35,000? Well, I sometimes ask myself the same question. It is a lot of money. When I start thinking about it I am reminded that God has been blessing and leading me down this road. He is faithful to provide when He leads.
I have created a list of ways that I can save, make and receive money for my adoption.
- keeping my living expenses to a minimum
- providing respite for extra money
- crafting up a storm to sell on Etsy
- holding a Purdy's chocolate fundraiser this Christmas season
- collecting recyclables to bring into the bottle depot
- applying for two grants (there are two that I am aware of)
- using my tax refund in May
- inviting friends and family to come along side of me
- hosting a silent auction and dinner on October 19th
Right now I am focusing on the silent auction which will be held at the Bayside Quality Resort in Parksville on October 19th. Tickets are $30 for adults and $10 for children from 3-12 years old. I have lots of amazing items to auction off; photo sessions, art, jewellery, dvd's, children's toys, books, 2 nights at the Black Rock Resort, surfing passes, zipline pass, games, etc. If you are interested in purchasing tickets (I am praying that 100 people will attend) please email me at email@example.com.