Monday, June 30, 2014

Bulgaria Bound!!!

The time has come that I can say I have travel dates! Not only do I have travel dates I leave in 4 sleeps and meet Wyatt in 13 days! I had finally realized that I couldn't make the dates come any faster and so I told myself that I would expect them at the latest date they told me and of course the next morning I woke up to great news!

Flights are booked, work has been told, fee #2 is paid, hotels are booked (at least I hope my agency has) and travel plans are made. We leave Friday by 11:00am and my Dad is driving us to the Vancouver Airport with our 6 large suitcases, 2 small suitcases and 2 bags.

What will it looks like? I have emailed my agency to ask what it will looks like. Generally, adoptive families go for 2 visits per day for five days. You are able to play with the child in a room where people are observing you and make sure you are a good fit for the child. I have a child size suitcase packed with toys and items that I can bring each day.


Itinerary:
Fly out later July 4th and arrive in London on the 5th.
July 10th we fly from London to Bulgaria
July 10 we stay in Sofia
July11-14 we will be staying in Burgas
July 14 we get up really early to go and meet Wyatt!!
July 14-18 we stay in Yambol
July 19-21 we stay in Sofia before flying out
Late July 21st we fly into Vancouver and hope to catch a late ferry.

Keeping it real:
  • I am soooo excited and nervous all at the same time.
  • I am going to meet a soon-to-be 7 year old boy who hasn't known the love of a mother for 6 years. He has been moved around to different institutions and now he is in a center. He has no idea that I am coming and I am not sure he will fully understand the implications for him. By Christmas he will no longer just be a number in a system but he will be a loved son who is going to be given hope for his future.  
  • I have had a chance to fall in love with him over the past months and he will have this strange, white, English speaking woman in his life for 5 days before I have to leave him.
  • my life is changing (just incase you didn't realize that...)

Praise/Prayer Request:
  • Praise God that this part of the adoption is paid for and I have money that will pay for the next fee.
  • Safety and protection as Andrea and I travel
  • That God would calm Wyatt's heart
  • Favour with the officials and people who will be watching us interact
  • That we would remain healthy
  • The gospel is being lived out as I am walking in this way and there will be opposition because of that- please pray for spiritual protection

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. It is with gratitude that I go to Bulgaria to meet Wyatt! I cannot wait until Christmas when I can bring him home forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment