Flights are booked, work has been told, fee #2 is paid, hotels are booked (at least I hope my agency has) and travel plans are made. We leave Friday by 11:00am and my Dad is driving us to the Vancouver Airport with our 6 large suitcases, 2 small suitcases and 2 bags.
What will it looks like? I have emailed my agency to ask what it will looks like. Generally, adoptive families go for 2 visits per day for five days. You are able to play with the child in a room where people are observing you and make sure you are a good fit for the child. I have a child size suitcase packed with toys and items that I can bring each day.
Fly out later July 4th and arrive in London on the 5th.
July 10th we fly from London to Bulgaria
July 10 we stay in Sofia
July11-14 we will be staying in Burgas
July 14 we get up really early to go and meet Wyatt!!
July 14-18 we stay in Yambol
July 19-21 we stay in Sofia before flying out
Late July 21st we fly into Vancouver and hope to catch a late ferry.
Keeping it real:
- I am soooo excited and nervous all at the same time.
- I am going to meet a soon-to-be 7 year old boy who hasn't known the love of a mother for 6 years. He has been moved around to different institutions and now he is in a center. He has no idea that I am coming and I am not sure he will fully understand the implications for him. By Christmas he will no longer just be a number in a system but he will be a loved son who is going to be given hope for his future.
- I have had a chance to fall in love with him over the past months and he will have this strange, white, English speaking woman in his life for 5 days before I have to leave him.
- my life is changing (just incase you didn't realize that...)
- Praise God that this part of the adoption is paid for and I have money that will pay for the next fee.
- Safety and protection as Andrea and I travel
- That God would calm Wyatt's heart
- Favour with the officials and people who will be watching us interact
- That we would remain healthy
- The gospel is being lived out as I am walking in this way and there will be opposition because of that- please pray for spiritual protection
Thank you for your continued prayers and support. It is with gratitude that I go to Bulgaria to meet Wyatt! I cannot wait until Christmas when I can bring him home forever.